dawdling over coffee

being confined to sick bay is no fun. not least because i'm barred from drinking one of my preferred liquids -- that's right, coffee.

which is probably the reason why i'm stretching my latest cup to as far as it can go... just for the pleasure of cradling a warm coffee mug in my hands without worrying about the consequences.


right now, we're in the middle of one of those periodic spurts of intense activity, after coasting through two weeks of relative lull. it is rather ironic for me to realize that i have missed that sense of urgency and state of harassed distraction whenever we're rushing to meet a deadline. in fact, i miss looking over my shoulders (to check if i'm being overtaken by my chores) and feeling somewhat overwhelmed by events as they rush by.

it feels rather sacrilegious to say that i thrive in this setting -- because believe me i gripe about it all the time -- but there it is. i guess i must be one of those contradictory creatures who can't abide with order and calm as soon as things have settled down a bit. but only throw a whiff of chaos into my pond and i'm up in arms whining and wishing things were quiet once again.

*sigh* it never ends...

well, here's to the busy week ahead of us *raises cup*

Copyright © 2008 - coffee & donuts - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template