why coffee & donuts?

i had a brief chat with a college chum, who managed to stump me quite nicely with a simple question: "yes, i know it's your new blog and i'll be happy to read your posts, but why coffee & donuts? aside from the fact that you like them, of course."

well. why, indeed. the more i thought about it, the more i realized why this name appealed to me in the first place.


i guess for a regular coffee drinker like me, "coffee" seems obvious enough. as for the donuts -- well it comes with a lot of reasons. sure i like donuts (who doesn't?). they're yummy and visually appealing, not to mention drool-worthy. if you're looking for a quick sugar fix, you couldn't ask for more. they can be eaten anywhere: at home, during parties, in the office, streets, even on the subway if you're pressed for time (that is, if you don't mind the mess and the inevitable hungry stares from bystanders).

the thing is, i wanted this blog to reflect something about my daily routine. being an office slave, i often look forward to coffee breaks as a time to unwind, catch up on the latest gossip and generally just hang out while i forget about my work for a while. more often than not, me and my workmates would be reaching for donuts to go with the coffee.

also, being a confirmed anime nut, it gives me a certain amount of pleasure to note that one of my anime favorite characters, Vash the Stampede (Trigun), also happens to love donuts.

coffee & donuts -- they just go together. coffee is something that's basic to my life these days. and donuts? they're something extra, a delightful and unexpected add-on, like icing on a cake you just can't go without.

Copyright © 2008 - coffee & donuts - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template